In case you have been living under a rock the 83rd Academy Awards on on this Sunday evening.
Here is a list of the nominees with my predictions:
Actor in a Leading Role
- Javier Bardem in â€śBiutifulâ€ť
- Jeff Bridges in â€śTrue Gritâ€ť
- Jesse Eisenberg in â€śThe Social Networkâ€ť
- Colin Firth in â€śThe King’s Speechâ€ť
- James Franco in â€ś127 Hoursâ€ť
I think this one is going to go to Jeff Bridges, or at least I hope it does.
Actor in a Supporting Role
- Christian Bale in â€śThe Fighterâ€ť
- John Hawkes in â€śWinter’s Boneâ€ť
- Jeremy Renner in â€śThe Townâ€ť
- Mark Ruffalo in â€śThe Kids Are All Rightâ€ť
- Geoffrey Rush in â€śThe King’s Speechâ€ť
This will go to Christian Bale.Â He won the Golden Globe and the SAG.
Actress in a Leading Role
- Annette Bening in â€śThe Kids Are All Rightâ€ť
- Nicole Kidman in â€śRabbit Holeâ€ť
- Jennifer Lawrence in â€śWinter’s Boneâ€ť
- Natalie Portman in â€śBlack Swanâ€ť
- Michelle Williams in â€śBlue Valentineâ€ť
Natalie Portman will win this one.
Actress in a Supporting Role
- Amy Adams in â€śThe Fighterâ€ť
- Helena Bonham Carter in â€śThe King’s Speechâ€ť
- Melissa Leo in â€śThe Fighterâ€ť
- Hailee Steinfeld in â€śTrue Gritâ€ť
- Jacki Weaver in â€śAnimal Kingdomâ€ť
This one is tough because I really would like Hailee Steinfeld to win, but I think it will most likely end up being Helena Bonham Carter.
Animated Feature Film
- â€śHow to Train Your Dragonâ€ť Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois
- â€śThe Illusionistâ€ť Sylvain Chomet
- â€śToy Story 3â€ť Lee Unkrich
This one is tough, because both Toy Story and How To Train Your Dragon were amazing movies.Â I am going to stick to my gut though and go with Toy Story 3.
- â€śAlice in Wonderlandâ€ť
Production Design: Robert Stromberg; Set Decoration: Karen O’Hara
- â€śHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1â€ť
Production Design: Stuart Craig; Set Decoration: Stephenie McMillan
Production Design: Guy Hendrix Dyas; Set Decoration: Larry Dias and Doug Mowat
- â€śThe King’s Speechâ€ť
Production Design: Eve Stewart; Set Decoration: Judy Farr
- â€śTrue Gritâ€ť
Production Design: Jess Gonchor; Set Decoration: Nancy Haigh
I think this one will go to Inception.
- â€śBlack Swanâ€ť Matthew Libatique
- â€śInceptionâ€ť Wally Pfister
- â€śThe King’s Speechâ€ť Danny Cohen
- â€śThe Social Networkâ€ť Jeff Cronenweth
- â€śTrue Gritâ€ť Roger Deakins
This one is a tie for me.Â I say either Inception or Black Swan.
- â€śAlice in Wonderlandâ€ť Colleen Atwood
- â€śI Am Loveâ€ť Antonella Cannarozzi
- â€śThe King’s Speechâ€ť Jenny Beavan
- â€śThe Tempestâ€ť Sandy Powell
- â€śTrue Gritâ€ť Mary Zophres
I think The King’s Speech will take this one.
- â€śBlack Swanâ€ť Darren Aronofsky
- â€śThe Fighterâ€ť David O. Russell
- â€śThe King’s Speechâ€ť Tom Hooper
- â€śThe Social Networkâ€ť David Fincher
- â€śTrue Gritâ€ť Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
Black Swan will win.
- â€śExit through the Gift Shopâ€ť Banksy and Jaimie D’Cruz
- â€śGaslandâ€ť Josh Fox and Trish Adlesic
- â€śInside Jobâ€ť Charles Ferguson and Audrey Marrs
- â€śRestrepoâ€ť Tim Hetherington and Sebastian Junger
- â€śWaste Landâ€ť Lucy Walker and Angus Aynsley
I am going to go with Inside Job because sadly that is the only one I have seen, however, it is a really good documentary.
Documentary (Short Subject)
- â€śKilling in the Nameâ€ť Jed Rothstein
- â€śPoster Girlâ€ť Sara Nesson and Mitchell W. Block
- â€śStrangers No Moreâ€ť Karen Goodman and Kirk Simon
- â€śSun Come Upâ€ť Jennifer Redfearn and Tim Metzger
- â€śThe Warriors of Qiugangâ€ť Ruby Yang and Thomas Lennon
Again I have yet to see any of these, but I am going to get Stranger’s No More.
- â€śBlack Swanâ€ť Andrew Weisblum
- â€śThe Fighterâ€ť Pamela Martin
- â€śThe King’s Speechâ€ť Tariq Anwar
- â€ś127 Hoursâ€ť Jon Harris
- â€śThe Social Networkâ€ť Angus Wall and Kirk Baxter
Foreign Language Film
- â€śBiutifulâ€ť Mexico
- â€śDogtoothâ€ť Greece
- â€śIn a Better Worldâ€ť Denmark
- â€śIncendiesâ€ť Canada
- â€śOutside the Law (Hors-la-loi)â€ť Algeria
I am going to go with Biutiful.
- â€śBarney’s Versionâ€ť Adrien Morot
- â€śThe Way Backâ€ť Edouard F. Henriques, Gregory Funk and Yolanda Toussieng
- â€śThe Wolfmanâ€ť Rick Baker and Dave Elsey
I hope The Wolfman wins this one, because the makeup was pretty amazing.
Music (Original Score)
- â€śHow to Train Your Dragonâ€ť John Powell
- â€śInceptionâ€ť Hans Zimmer
- â€śThe King’s Speechâ€ť Alexandre Desplat
- â€ś127 Hoursâ€ť A.R. Rahman
- â€śThe Social Networkâ€ť Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
My vote is for Inception, though I think they will probably choose The King’s Speech.
Music (Original Song)
- â€śComing Homeâ€ť from â€śCountry Strongâ€ť Music and Lyric by Tom Douglas, Troy Verges and Hillary Lindsey
- â€śI See the Lightâ€ť from â€śTangledâ€ť Music by Alan Menken Lyric by Glenn Slater
- â€śIf I Riseâ€ť from â€ś127 Hoursâ€ť Music by A.R. Rahman Lyric by Dido and Rollo Armstrong
- â€śWe Belong Togetherâ€ť from â€śToy Story 3″ Music and Lyric by Randy Newman
I would love We Belong Together to win, but that may just be because I am biased towards Pixar..
- â€śBlack Swanâ€ť Mike Medavoy, Brian Oliver and Scott Franklin, Producers
- â€śThe Fighterâ€ť David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Mark Wahlberg, Producers
- â€śInceptionâ€ť Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan, Producers
- â€śThe Kids Are All Rightâ€ť Gary Gilbert, Jeffrey Levy-Hinte and Celine Rattray, Producers
- â€śThe King’s Speechâ€ť Iain Canning, Emile Sherman and Gareth Unwin, Producers
- â€ś127 Hoursâ€ť Christian Colson, Danny Boyle and John Smithson, Producers
- â€śThe Social Networkâ€ť Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca and CeĂˇn Chaffin, Producers
- â€śToy Story 3â€ť Darla K. Anderson, Producer
- â€śTrue Gritâ€ť Scott Rudin, Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, Producers
- â€śWinter’s Bone” Anne Rosellini and Alix Madigan-Yorkin, Producers
Black Swan better win this one.
Short Film (Animated)
- â€śDay & Nightâ€ť Teddy Newton
- â€śThe Gruffaloâ€ť Jakob Schuh and Max Lang
- â€śLet’s Polluteâ€ť Geefwee Boedoe
- â€śThe Lost Thingâ€ť Shaun Tan and Andrew Ruhemann
- â€śMadagascar, carnet de voyage (Madagascar, a Journey Diary)â€ť Bastien Dubois
I haven’t seen any of these but I am going to guess “Let’s Pollute”.
Short Film (Live Action)
- â€śThe Confessionâ€ť Tanel Toom
- â€śThe Crushâ€ť Michael Creagh
- â€śGod of Loveâ€ť Luke Matheny
- â€śNa Weweâ€ť Ivan Goldschmidt
- â€śWish 143â€ť Ian Barnes and Samantha Waite
I would like The Crush to win.
- â€śInceptionâ€ť Richard King
- â€śToy Story 3â€ť Tom Myers and Michael Silvers
- â€śTron: Legacyâ€ť Gwendolyn Yates Whittle and Addison Teague
- â€śTrue Gritâ€ť Skip Lievsay and Craig Berkey
- â€śUnstoppableâ€ť Mark P. Stoeckinger
Inception, hands down.
- â€śInceptionâ€ť Lora Hirschberg, Gary A. Rizzo and Ed Novick
- â€śThe King’s Speechâ€ť Paul Hamblin, Martin Jensen and John Midgley
- â€śSaltâ€ť Jeffrey J. Haboush, Greg P. Russell, Scott Millan and William Sarokin
- â€śThe Social Networkâ€ť Ren Klyce, David Parker, Michael Semanick and Mark Weingarten
- â€śTrue Gritâ€ť Skip Lievsay, Craig Berkey, Greg Orloff and Peter F. Kurland
Again I hope Inception wins this one.
- â€śAlice in Wonderlandâ€ť Ken Ralston, David Schaub, Carey Villegas and Sean Phillips
- â€śHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1â€ť Tim Burke, John Richardson, Christian Manz and Nicolas Aithadi
- â€śHereafterâ€ť Michael Owens, Bryan Grill, Stephan Trojansky and Joe Farrell
- â€śInceptionâ€ť Paul Franklin, Chris Corbould, Andrew Lockley and Peter Bebb
- â€śIron Man 2â€ť Janek Sirrs, Ben Snow, Ged Wright and Daniel Sudick
If Inception does not win I will be very surprised and upset.
Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
- â€ś127 Hoursâ€ť Screenplay by Danny Boyle & Simon Beaufoy
- â€śThe Social Networkâ€ť Screenplay by Aaron Sorkin
- â€śToy Story 3â€ť Screenplay by Michael Arndt; Story by John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton and Lee Unkrich
- â€śTrue Gritâ€ť Written for the screen by Joel Coen & Ethan Coen
- â€śWinter’s Boneâ€ť Adapted for the screen by Debra Granik & Anne Rosellini
Writing (Original Screenplay)
- â€śAnother Yearâ€ť Written by Mike Leigh
- â€śThe Fighterâ€ť Screenplay by Scott Silver and Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson;
Story by Keith Dorrington & Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson
- â€śInceptionâ€ť Written by Christopher Nolan
- â€śThe Kids Are All Rightâ€ť Written by Lisa Cholodenko & Stuart Blumberg
- â€śThe King’s Speechâ€ť Screenplay by David Seidler
I would love for Inception to win but it will probably be The King’s Speech.
And that’s it!Â Make sure you watch Sunday (Feb. 27th) 5pt, 8et on ABC.